The Crestron Integration Awards returned to ISE 2017 for its tenth year, celebrating the technology, engineering skills and excellence of Crestron integrators, consultants and programmers in projects featuring Crestron solutions throughout the EMEA region.
With an impressive 123 entries submitted, from 18 countries, the task of creating a shortlist for the scrutiny of the Judging Panel was a very tough process. Robin van Meeuwen, CEO and President of Crestron EMEA comments: “This year’s entries demonstrate an inspiring versatility and creativity that highlights the sheer breadth and depth of Crestron expertise in so many different countries. It was a challenge to whittle the entries down to a manageable shortlist – but we did and the Judging Panel felt each shortlisted entry demonstrated new and creative ways of using Crestron. From a fire truck in Slovakia to a stunning University project in Germany, the winning entries show complexity and innovation that was a pleasure to judge.”
Joining Robin van Meeuwen on the judging panel was Petra van Meeuwen, Media Relations Director at Crestron, Emily Brooks, award winning freelance journalist and magazine editor, Jeremy White, the Product Editor at technology and innovation magazine WIRED, Kate Slesinger, Publishing Director at House & Garden magazine, and renowned lighting specialist Rebecca Weir.
After an intense day of judging, the panel chose a winner for each category, plus an Ultimate Crestron Award. The Winners are as follows:
- Ultimate Crestron Award: pro AV for Swiss Financial Services Firm, London The stand-out winner of the Ultimate Crestron Award, this installation perfectly captures the highest level of AV design standards, control systems and presentation facilities currently deployed in the corporate sector.
- Best Corporate Application: JNV Digital Architects for Vanderlande Industries Not only did this project provide un-paralleled energy saving, achieved the BREEAM Excellent rating, and added value to the sustainable future strategy of Vanderlande Industries, JNV also provided a solution that fully meets the requested standards for people, planet, profit and prosperity.
- Best Education Project: Cancom GmbH for Umbau Hörsäle Universität Stuttgart According to the Judging Panel, this project was impressive not only in its sophistication, but also in its sheer scale.
- Best GUI: Viju Norge AS for the Viju Connect Touch With an easy to use interface and added functionality, the Viju Connect Touch supports a wide range of education and corporate applications. The design has proved popular with the client, who reports that the working day has become much more efficient with fewer technical issues.
- Best Innovative Solution: A+V Sp. zoo. for Fire Trucks for Slovakia The Judges commented that this deployment of Crestron technology was the epitome of innovation – mission-critical, mobile and crammed into a very unusual space – thoroughly deserving of Best Innovative Solution!
- Best Integrated Home: Knektd for Eaton Square Living In what is always a hotly contested category, the judges felt that Knektd’s work at Eaton Square deserved to win thanks to the challenges involved with integrating the very latest technology in an architecturally sensitive setting – and nestling among priceless artworks and design features.
- Highly Commended: Smartcomm for Sublimely Sumptuous Due to the number of high quality entries, the judges awarded Smartcomm Highly Commended for it’s beautifully, intuitive, end-to-end scheme for the Sublimely Sumptuous extensive family home which was smoothly completed to a very tight deadline.
- Best Lighting application: Morelight for Restaurant at Sea te Dronten In another competitive category this year, the judges chose Morelight’s work at a seaside restaurant in Dronten, as an exemplary example of using light to create the very best experience possible for guests – a great example of the fusion of technology and creativity being pushed into new fields to evolve the user experience.
- Highly Commended: Nucleus AV for 77 Mayfair The judges awarded an additional accolade in this category to Nucleus AV for its work at a new build project behind The Dorchester in London.
- Best User Experience: Custom Sight & Sound for This House Changed My Life Custom Sight & Sound has created an evolving solution that quite literally has transformed the life of this home’s owner, Harry Potter stuntman, David Holmes. The judges felt this humbling project was an inspiring example of the very best that technology can bring in enhancing the everyday experience of the client.
- Unique Application: McKeon Group, GoQuest Dublin A truly unique application, this project is not only highly unusual, but also critical to the success of the client’s business. The judges applauded the spectacular innovation coupled with robust design that has ensured McKeon Group’s work for GoQuest Dublin won this category.
“Each winning entry was well deserved and everyone involved should be very proud of their achievement. In ten years, we have seen the finest in commercial and residential integration, and have recognised those individuals whose passion lies in AV. It has been a real pleasure to see projects where Crestron has not only enhanced people’s lives, but has transformed it, in more ways than one.” concludes Robin.
The winners of the Crestron Integration Awards were presented with their trophy during a ceremony on Crestron’s stand at ISE 2017 on Wednesday 8 February.